Venger's Sphere of Absorption
by Patrice Béliveau. Adapted by Sylvain Robert (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 95/03/05
From the Spellbook of Venger
Greater Yugoloth --- Ultroloth
|Level|| : ||8|
|School|| : ||Abjuration|
|Sphere|| : |
|Range|| : ||0|
|VSM|| : ||VS|
|Duration|| : ||Special|
|Casting Time|| : ||1 round|
|Area of Effect|| : ||15 feet radius sphere|
|Saving Throw|| : ||Special|
A translucent, almost transparent, fixed sphere engulfs the caster for a maximum duration of 1 turn per level, untill it has absorbed as many spell level as the caster has levels (e.g. 20 spell levels will destroy a sphere casted by a 20th level mage). The caster can cast spells from within the sphere outward without dissolving it. He can also enter and exit the sphere with no ill effect or dissolving it.
Anyone trying to go through the sphere suffers 25 hp of damage (no save). All magic item entering in contact with the sphere is temporarely drained or becomes non operating unless a saving throw (value 13, unmodifiable), is made.
Spell level drain on the sphere
- Each weapon drains 1d5 spell level. Each plus drains as much spell levels. Item inactive for 1 round per level of the caster.
- Wands loose 1d4 charges permanently. This drains as much spell levels.
- Potions are rendered useless (2 charges).
- Scroll are destroyed (as many charges as spell levels on the scroll).
- Artifacts are not affected, but drain 3 charges.
- Summoned monsters drain 1d3 charges and are thrown back to their origin unless a ST vs spell is made.
- An anti-magic shell destroys and is destroyed upon contact with this Absorption Sphere.
- A prismatic sphere keep the Absorption sphere outside of itself, but drains 9 levels.
- A disintegrate does double damage (12 levels)
- A wand of negation drains 4d4 charges per use (no save)
- A rod of cancellation destroys the sphere. Everything inside the sphere must save vs Mordenkainen Disjunction or dissapear to nothingness. Living being suffer 25 hp of damage (no save).
Created using Sylvain Robert's form by the person whose name appears at the top of the page. Compiled for the Wanderer's WWW server. Site managed by Sylvain Robert